The We Promise Foundation Board of Trustees Approves Charitable Grants to Eight Organizations
Virginia Beach, VA (Jan. 26, 2019) – With a vision to provide life-changing experiences that bring joy, hope, and smiles to children facing medical hardship or illness, Chartway Federal Credit Union’s We Promise Foundation hosted several fundraisers in 2018. From its 13th Annual Diamonds in the Sky Gala to its 3rd Annual Putting 4 Promises Golf Tournament, 20th Annual Charity Golf Classic attended by various public figures like LPGA player Brooke Pancake, among others, the foundation raised more than $825,000.
The success of the foundation’s events allowed the We Promise Foundation board of trustees to award $640,000 in grants to the following non-profits who share its mission:
- Make-a-Wish Foundation of Greater Virginia – VA
- Make-a-Wish Foundation of Utah – UT
- Toby’s Dream Foundation – Virginia Beach, VA
- Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters – Virginia Beach, VA
- St. Mary’s Home for Disabled Children – Norfolk, VA
- Roc Solid Foundation – Chesapeake, VA
- Ability Found – Salt Lake City, UT
- Samantha Makes it a Little Easier, Inc. (S.M.I.L.E.) – Norfolk, VA
“At Chartway, making a meaningful impact in our geographic footprints is core to who we are. We want to make every community in which we live and serve better, which is why we sponsor events, fund programs, and raise money through our We Promise Foundation,” said Brian Schools, president & CEO of Chartway. “As a result, we’re honored to provide charitable grants to these eight partner charities to make dreams and wishes come to life for children facing medical challenges.”Since 1999, Chartway and its We Promise Foundation have raised more than $10,500,000.