We Promise Foundation Board of Selection Approves Charitable Grants to 10 Organizations
Virginia Beach, VA (Jan. 14, 2016) – At Chartway Federal Credit Union and its divisions of HeritageWest and SouthWest Community, giving back has always been core to its culture. Inspired by the industry’s “People Helping People” philosophy, the credit union’s We Promise Foundation hosted numerous fundraisers in 2015. From its 10th Annual Diamonds in the Sky Gala to its 17th Annual Charity Golf Classic attended by various public figures like LPGA player Jill McGill, the foundation raised more than $945,000.
The success of the foundation’s events allowed the We Promise Foundation board to approve grants tothe following non-profits who share its mission:
- The Make-a-Wish Foundation of Greater Virginia – VA
- The Make-a-Wish Foundation of Utah – UT
- Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters – Virginia Beach, VA
- St. Mary’s Home for Disabled Children – Norfolk, VA
- Roc Solid Foundation – Chesapeake, VA
- Toby’s Dream Foundation – Virginia Beach, VA
- EQUI-KIDS – Virginia Beach, VA
- Families of Autistic Children of Tidewater – Virginia Beach, VA
- The Matty Fund – Wakefield, RI
- Ability Found – Salt Lake City, UT
“We are immensely grateful for our sponsors, our volunteers, and all our supporters who enabled our We Promise Foundation to raise more than $945,000 in 2015,” said Phil Richards, chairman of Chartway’s charitable arm. “As a result, we are honored to have the opportunity to give charitable grants to these 10 organizations that share our mission to give children battling life-threatening illnesses the gift of their dreams coming true.”
Since 1999, the Chartway Family of Credit Unions and its We Promise Foundation have raised more than $8,000,000 to bring smiles to the faces of thousands of children.