WHAT: J&A Racing, a nationally recognized race management company based in Hampton Roads and the City of Norfolk have partnered together to host the Blue Moon Harbor Lights Half Marathon, Chartway 5K and Final Mile presented by Bon Secours in Motion in Norfolk, Virginia. The event will kick-off on November 20th with a Sports and Fitness Expo at the Half Moone Cruise and Celebration Center and conclude on November 22nd with the Half Marathon and huge post race party in Town Point Park.
Weekend event highlights include:
- Collegiate Running Association selected to partner with the City of Norfolk and the Blue Harbor Lights Half Marathon to host the first ever CRA National Half Marathon Championship. All college level students (undergrad or graduate students) are welcome to run! As a part of the championship, college elites from all over the country will come to Norfolk to race for a $10,000 prize purse.
- Sold Out Get Lit Challenge where hundreds of people will take on both the 5K and Half Marathon, earning them a special challenge medal.
- We Promise Foundation Joins J&A Racing as Premier Charity Partner for the Blue Moon Harbor Lights Weekend.
- Continued partnership with the City of Norfolk that enhances their Healthy Norfolk Initiative.
- Three separate events, to include the Blue Moon Harbor Lights Half Marathon, Chartway 5K and Kids Final Mile.
- A Kids Final Mile associated with programs specifically targeting youth fitness and the fight against childhood obesity.
- Youth Fitness Initiative Scholarships were awarded to three Norfolk Public Schools: Jacox Elementary, Chesterfield Academy and Tidewater Park Elementary.
- Flat, fast courses, which run through historic downtown Norfolk, into beautiful old neighborhoods, and along the water.
- Huge finish line festival at Town Point Park, featuring Blue Moon Beer, live music from Cheap Thrills and Snackbar Jones, and Refuel Stew specially created for runners from the Culinary Institute of Virginia.
- In conjunction with the 31st Annual Grand Illumination Parade in Downtown Norfolk produced by the Downtown Norfolk Council.
WHO: J&A Racing and the City of Norfolk will host the event. Our title sponsors are Blue Moon and
Chartway Federal Credit Union. Our premier charity is the We Promise Foundation.
WHEN: November 20-22, 2015
WHERE: Norfolk, Virginia
WHY: J&A Racing has a mission to promote and support healthy lifestyles and the sport of running
through the development and growth of their running events throughout Hampton Roads.
CONTACT: Brittany Vajda – 757-287-4309